BRC 2019 - 12.28.18
Raw Seafoods is very proud to announce that for the 4th year in a row we have received “AA” rating on the BRC (British Retail Consortium). The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is developed by food industry experts from retailers, manufacturers and food service organizations to ensure it is rigorous and detailed, yet easy to understand.
First published in 1998, the Standard is now in its seventh issue and is well-established globally. It has evolved with input from many leading global specifiers.
It provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
The BRC Global Standard focuses on:
The importance of management commitment.
· Hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) based food safety programmes.
· Quality management systems.
· Auditing good manufacturing processes – it's not just a paperwork audit.
· Auditing areas which often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals, such as labelling and packing.
· Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud.
· Ensuring consistency of the audit process.
· Providing a BRC Global Standard that is portable enough to allow Additional Modules to be added to reduce audit burden.
· Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain.